- Size: 132 Pages, 61MB, 150+ high resolution photos
- Format: eBook, PDF format
- Requirement: Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or greater or other PDF reader
What People Are Saying
“My wife and I just returned from 5 days in Death Valley and found it to be an amazing place for photography. I want to thank you for writing such a terrific guide to the park. Your photos are stunning and your advice and recommendations were incredibly helpful. They helped me look for things that I never would have had I not had your book. I had other photographer’s guide books to Death Valley, but really didn’t need them once I had yours. Thank you again for preparing such a great tool for photographers like me.”
“I just purchased your ebooks on Death Valley and Iceland… I’m always looking for a guide to help me plan my photo trips. Even a simple guide from a landscape photographer helps a lot. Your ebooks go beyond a simple guide. You saved me a tremendous amount of planning!!! There is no way I could have researched the amount of information on my own. I have been compiling information on my Death Valley trip for the past year. I feel comfortable deleting the entire file and using your ebook.”
“I just returned about a week ago from an incredibly successful and utterly enjoyable camping and photography trip to Death Valley, and the book you guys wrote – Desert Paradise – literally made my trip. It allowed me to spend my limited time on a well-planned and coordinated itinerary of epic locations that held the most promise, and for that I am profoundly grateful. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the book!”
“I recently visited Death Valley NP for the first time. Prior to my trip I downloaded your Desert Paradise ebook to aid in my research. You do outstanding work and your book was an invaluable tool for a first time visitor to the park. Over a long weekend, I was able to make many images that I am quite happy with and that’s due in large part to the guidance your e-book offered.”
“I purchased your Desert Paradise ebook a few days ago. I could tell by looking at the first few pages it was exactly what I was looking for and I am eager to read the rest of it and plan a trip to the desert.”
About Desert Paradise
This nature photography ebook is perfect for any photographer planning to visit (or re-visit) Death Valley National Park, and will also appeal to any non-photographer interested in Death Valley’s natural scenery. The authors developed this e-book to be the guide they wished they had for their first trip to Death Valley and based on overwhelmingly positive reviews, they have succeeded.
- Detailed information on 16 primary locations, ranging from classic Death Valley icons to off-the-beaten path places. Each location includes several photos, directions and, when applicable, GPS coordinates.
- Photography advice and techniques for Death Valley’s many landscapes, including tips on photographing salt flats, playas, sand dunes, badlands, abstracts, macros, black and white, and wildflowers.
- Over 150 photos highlighting the diversity of Death Valley’s landscape. Technical information (including exposure settings) is included for every photo.
- Travel information, including lodging and transportation basics, seasonal variations, weather, and potential hazards to help you get started in planning your trip.
- An additional 10 minor locations in the park are featured, as well as several other nearby locations outside the park including Mono Lake, the Eastern Sierra, and Valley of Fire State Park
- Recommended gear and gear considerations for landscape and nature photographers.
- Maps highlighting every major location in the book, plus suggested itineraries from one day to several weeks.