What You Will Learn
Zion Narrows: From Field to Finished is an in-depth case study that follows the creation of a photograph from the the concept in the field through the final photo processing steps. Through this video tutorial, you will learn the following things:
- About photographing in a challenging environment like the Zion Narrows, including essential gear and other preparations.
- How to photograph moving water, including technical and creative choices to improve your results.
- Working through compositions in the field and then assessing your options when you are ready to select a photo for processing.
- Technical decisions, including aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focusing.
- Processing techniques that enhance the photo while still keeping it grounded in reality. This video includes a start-to-finish example of processing the photograph using Adobe Lightroom alone, plus an overview of processing steps using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop combined.
- Photo processing topics include processing a RAW file; adjusting exposure, contrast, and colors; emphasizing and de-emphasizing elements with a photograph, and using processing to optimize a composition. The Photoshop video also includes basic examples of using luminosity masks and an easy exposure blend.