- Size: 27MB
- Format: eBooks, PDF format
- Requirement: Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or greater
- Book Length: 112 pages
- ISBN: 9781935694342
- Publication Date: April, 2018
What You’ll Learn
Grant Collier shares the knowledge he has gained during 25 years of photographing Arches National Park, including:
- The best times of the day to shoot each of the 35 locations in the book.
- The best times of the year to photograph wildflowers, fall colors, thunderstorms, the Milky Way, meteors, and more.
- A chapter on the equipment, camera settings, and techniques required to capture stunning night photos in the park.
- 100 photos showing every location described in the book.
- GPS coordinates and detailed directions to all locations.
- Length and difficulty of all the hikes.
- A table in the Appendix showing all of the locations sorted by photo rating.
About Collier’s Guide to Photographing Arches National Park
Grant Collier first photographed the rock formations at Arches National Park 25 years ago. Since then, he has returned countless times, taking thousands of images of this extraordinary landscape. He has explored every section of the park, including all of the iconic locations and many lesser-known spots.
In this guidebook, Grant shares the vast knowledge he has gained of Arches National Park. He provides tips on shooting 35 different locations during both the day and night. He explains the best times of the year to photograph wildflowers, fall colors, thunderstorms, the Milky Way, meteors, and more. Whether you use a cell phone camera or are a seasoned professional, this book will help get you to the right locations at the right times.
What People Are Saying
The best combination of photo books, travel guides. Wish he’d do these for more parks!
If you weren’t enthralled with night photography before, you will be after reading this book.
It should be considered a ‘must read’ by anyone wanting to take photographs of night sky phenomena.
It is the night photography book from which I have learned the most.
I have several books on night photography and this one is clearly the best of them all.
Collier’s eBook is well written, well researched and well referenced. On top of all that the book is packed with stunning images.
It covers everything you need to get started, is quite detailed and thorough, features plenty of amazing example photos, and is very reasonably priced.
It has become my number one source as a night photo guide…it is a guide for almost all situations we can encounter in the outdoors.
Extremely comprehensive…he gives great tips on how to blend multiple exposures, create huge stitched images, and how to process your images to make them the best that they could be.
I was very impressed by the amount of detail that Collier covered in the book and the photos were top-notch…I highly recommend this book!
This book is well written with an amazing amount of detail.
Eye candy to look at and encyclopedic to read. Best book on night photography I’ve ever seen.