WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn to create an aged, distressed look to your art by adding colors and textures in Photoshop.
- Explore the creative flexibility offered by Photoshop Layers to further hone your unique style.
- Discover different Photoshop blending techniques to create dramatic works of art.
- How to create unexpected texture blending effects using Layer Masks, Color Range and Blend If selections.
- Start-to-finish texture blending workflow utilizing Adobe Photoshop using real life case studies.
Alan Shapiro has long been a fan of the concepts and practice of wabi-sabi and kintsugi. The older he gets, the more he appreciates how beautiful things become with a little wear and tear. This inspired him to create a new class on texture blending using a different set of tools in Photoshop. It delights him and he thinks you will find it equally enjoyable.
Alan first texture blending class came from his love of still lives and portraits of the Old-World Masters; not just the subject matter, but also the beauty, colors and textures he found studying the aged canvases. This led to a unique and unexpected method for adding textures to his images to recreate these masterpieces.
For this next class, Alan turned his focus to old buildings and walls to study the layered beautifully layered textures he found. Inspired, he created a very different approach to blending his art with these textures using a very different set of techniques with fascinating results.
Don’t be intimidated. Alan likes to share things that he finds relaxing, are easy to put into practice and deliver spectacular results.