Creative Challenges – Monochromatic Colors
Capturing monochromatic image is harder then it sounds. You can use your camera settings, composition and light to capture images with monochromatic colors. This weeks challenge is for you to capture images with monochromatic color scheme. Here are some examples to get your started:
Objective: Create an image with one single, dominant color.
What You Will Learn
- How to create an image using only one main color in a variety of shades and tones.
- How textures, lines, patterns and light can help to make your subject stand out.
- How to use your camera settings and equipment to isolate a single color.
- How getting up close to your subject can simplify your composition.
- How to define your subject without the help of color and create stunning monochrome images.
In this video, Varina talks about a few different types of color schemes then challenges you to find a way to make your subject stand out without the help of color by paying attention to other compositional elements. She gives a few examples of successful monochrome images from her own portfolio and offers a few ideas to help you get started.
Are you ready to jump in and get started? Feel free to submit your images in the comments below:
Hi; I’m having trouble uploading a photo. The photo is jpeg 3.4mb but I keep getting an error message. It says to try later but I’ve tried several times over 2 days without success.
The upgrade is controlled by Disqus not by us. According to their policy the photos has to be 2MB or less in size. We make it a policy not to upload any images greater than 1500 to 2000px in the longest dimension to prevent theft.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the challenge.
Hopefully the attached “Lines on Lines” meets the requirements, looking forward to being pushed!!
FYI I really enjoy your regular posts.
Phil (From West Australia)
NIce…Now try to see if you can find this with non-human elements in nature.