- Instant access to downloadable video files.
- 9 teaching videos for nature photographers who want to create dramatic Black and White landscape photos.
- 110+ minutes of video content – explanations, examples, workflow, case studies.
- In-depth explanation of the step-by-step process that will teach you how to harness the power of Black & White landscape photography to create works of art.
- 5 Case Studies provide an in-depth look at software and techniques for creating black and white images with impact.
- Compatible with: Photoshop CC 2019 and higher, Lightroom Classic 2019 and higher, NIK Silver Efex Pro2. Note: Nik software will also work with DXO Photolab 2 Essentials.
- Video Created with: Photoshop CC 2019, Lightroom Classic 2019, NIK Silver Efex Pro 2
How do I know if this Black & White Photography Tutorial is for me?
A few words from Kate Silvia about this Black & White Landscape Photography tutorial
One of the first things I learned after switching to digital, was how to convert a color image to black and white. The mere flexibility without having to change film was such a treat. The conversion can be done in a number of ways. Lightroom has some fantastic capabilities for black and white photography, and presets are available if you want to keep the process quick and simple. Photoshop will allow for more creativity with the use of layers, blending modes, masking, and other tools. My personal favorite is a plug-in by DXO called Nik Silver Efex Pro2. Since its release over a decade ago, Silver Efex has become my “go-to” software for black and white photography. Whether you’re just curios about black and white processing or a real fan, this tutorial series is for you!
Here are some of the case-studies included in this Black & White landscape photography tutorial: